Dear follower of Jesus,
When you become a follower of Jesus, you begin a journey to complete transformation from the inside out: a new life, as a new creation in Him. Transformation does not happen by simply deciding to do or not do something, because our past life without Jesus is firmly planted in our mind. We are transformed by allowing God to change the way we think: “. . . let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think” (Romans 12:2).
The Life Transformation Discipleship Plan is designed for just that: changing the way you think—transformation. As you allow Him to transform you by changing the way you think, God promises that “. . . you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect” (Romans 12:2). Imagine that you, and those you know and love, live life each day in His good, pleasing and perfect will! That’s what’s in store for you as
what the writer Paul talks about in Ephesians 4:23-24, “Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.” I pray that you would be part of living the mission of Jesus—making disciples—and that you would take others through the Life Transformation process. As you do, you will grow to be more like Him: transformed.
Pastor Jeff Love
P.S. Take a moment to register and track your Life Transformation faith journey at www.lifetransformationbible.com and be a part of seeing lives transformed for Jesus in our world.
Life Transformation Discipleship Plan:
- Remember: the goal of discipleship is transformation, not information.
- Schedule a time to meet weekly for one hour or less with a discipleship partner or two. (A Life Transformation Discipleship Group works best when it is no more than four people.)
- Complete one topic each week until all have been covered.
- Each topic includes a Daily Reading, one Memory Verse, and seven Daily Studies. Each Daily Study consists of a few verses to read in the Bible. Do one Daily Study each day along with the Daily Reading and the Memory Verse. By the end of the week you will have memorized the Memory Verse.
- On day seven of each week, answer the three Life Transformation Questions.
Life Transformation Discipleship Group Guidelines:
- Begin with prayer each time you meet, asking God to transform your lives to be more like Jesus
- Have a discipleship partner read aloud the Daily Reading from the previous week.
- Discuss the three Life Transformation Questions considering the previous week’s Daily Reading and Daily Study. (Encourage each discipleship partner to highlight and underline parts that stand out as they read through the week. This will add value to the discussion.)
- After the discussion is complete on last week’s topic, turn to next week’s Daily Reading and read it aloud as a group.
- Close in prayer and pray for one another’s needs.
- During the week hold one another accountable as discipleship partners. Share something that stood out to you in the Daily Reading or Daily Study with your partners. This can be done through text, a Facebook message, email, etc. Use what works best for your group.
- Upon completion of all fifty-two Life Transformation topics, each partner should prayerfully ask God who to partner with next to disciple through the Life Transformation Discipleship Plan and reproduce the process over and over again.